Thursday, January 6, 2011

Introducing Dajon Designs....

Dajon is as bright, happy and fun as her designs are and, man, is she talented. She not only designs fabulous stationary and invites, but she also is a photographer, jewelry designer, creator of hair accessories and just an all around wonderful person. You can tell from the moment you meet her that she exudes creativity and a positive energy that you don't find just anywhere. But don’t think that her talent and sunshine stops there. Dajon is also in the National Guard and she is providing her talents to our Nation’s finest. She has created logos for our military and generated the design for some very important, official and, I would guess, very good looking reports. We are lucky to have her. I don’t think that this is the last we have seen of Dajon – she will continue to woo us with her array of talents. And, I am excited to see all that she has in store!

Introducing Dajon Designs......

If you could define your style in 3 words, what would they be?

Serendipitous, lively, audacious

Tell me about you and your talented team – what makes you fabulous?

I love creating designs that make people smile! No rules, no boundaries...just happy creations. I think that’s what makes my job so fabulous and keeps my clients happy! I’m also a photographer, which really helps my clients when creating amazing invitations or announcements. I can create the design and then we can take a photo that fits perfectly or vice versa.

What makes your style special & unique?

I feel my designs are unique because they are customized to each client’s event and preferences. I like to use bold shapes and color palettes, while keeping the designs lively. I also like to use a variety of papers, such as pearlescent or metallic which can really set an invitation ahead of the rest. I also design matching cupcake toppers, thank you cards, labels and other party paper products.

Why do you think invites or stationary are important for an event? What do they say about an event?

In this digital age where people correspond via text and e-mail, it’s exciting to see a bright envelope amongst the stack of bills and junk mail. Invitations are also important because they set the stage for the event. They let the guests know whether it’s formal or casual and what the theme is along with giving party details.

Where do you get your inspiration from?

I get my inspiration from many places. Of course, it starts with my wonderful clients. I may see a dress that someone is wearing or a piece of jewelry. I’ve even chosen design elements based on a napkin I saw. Basically anything that turns the light bulb on above my head. It’s an addiction, really! =-)

http://www.dajondesign.com/





No comments:

Post a Comment